Monday, August 10, 2009

Charity run for Leukemia

Sometimes, people come into our path by fate, and this is exactly what happened to me. A couple weeks ago I ventured back to a beautiful town in Ct. to take a unique picture on someone's property. My heart was set on getting that photo, but little did I know that my heart would be touched by the owner and his son.
At first glance, and first meeting, Bob and Robyn, his son, are very ordinary, down-to-earth people. They shared some thoughts with (my) Bob and I about this unique photo I was taking; they didn't pull out the gun to shoo us off the property!
On the other hand, we found out that Robyn goes to LA every year in the fall to do a charity run of 26 miles for research and the cure of Leukemia. When they shared that, I totally forgot about what we were there for to begin with, and became engrossed with such a great deed!
I ask that you please check out the website, and make a donation to this great cause.

Pages.teamintraining.Org/ct/nikesf09/rheller

It might mean you give up a pack of cigarettes, a six pack of beer, or maybe disciplining yourself to "do a good deed" today for this great cause. Remember... "It is better to give...unasked."

Although I am only an advocate for Robyn and Team in Training, I thank you for taking the time to read this blog; ask yourself, 'How can I make a difference?' Robyn and Team in Training thanks you as well.

And... as far as that mystery photo you are wondering about... I will be using it as a postcard, so if you would like me to send it along, please e mail me and let me know! I will send it right after I make that donation to Team in Training.... the Leukemia fund!

No comments:

Post a Comment